Honors ELA (grades 7-10)
Bastrop ISD offers a differentiated Language Arts Curriculum for our Honors students in grades 7-10. AP Language and AP Literature along with ACC Dual Credit classes in Composition and British Literature are offered to juniors and seniors.
Bastrop utilizes the College Board SpringBoard ELA curriculum. SpringBoard has received the highest rating offered by EdReports. To view detailed reports see the following: https://edreports.org/reports/overview/springboard-2021
Preparation for College and Career
The SpringBoard ELA curriculum develops real-world skills that will help students become successful in college and beyond.
- Backed by Research
- SpringBoard content includes direct instructions and assessments of the knowledge and skills measured by the SAT suite of assessments. Data shows SpringBoard improves classroom engagement and college readiness. A nationwide study found that, when schools used SpringBoard, students received higher SAT scores and took more AP courses and exams.
- Gets Students on Track Early
- When students participate in SpringBoard during Middle School, they have plenty of time to build a strong academic foundation, strengthen their skills, and set themselves up for future success.
- Supports College Readiness
- SpringBoard ELA fully supports students on the path to college because its curriculum is aligned with the SAT Suite (AP, PSAT, SAT) -which measures the skills and knowledge that are essential for student success in college.