Bastrop ISD's social media accounts are provided for the community by the Bastrop ISD Communications Department. We will update these pages as often as possible to share as much as we can about Bastrop ISD and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant district information.
Visit our social media pages below to stay connected with us!
Rules of Engagement
Bastrop ISD maintains a Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account to assist with providing information to the community that is overseen by the Bastrop ISD Communications Department. The accounts are updated as often as possible to share as much as we can about Bastrop ISD and the achievements of the students and staff, as well as other relevant district information.All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the page administrators. The intent of the Rules of Engagement is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to maintain the integrity of the accounts.We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will remove postings that:
- Do not pertain to the topic of a specific posting made by the page administrator.
- Break the law or encourage others to do so.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, homophobic, sexist, contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive or generally negative terms.
- Promote or advertise a service or product.
- Contain political information, positive or negative, including information regarding Board of Trustees elections.
As a public entity, Bastrop ISD cannot use public resources for political campaigning. Any comments by Bastrop ISD employees that violate election and ethics laws will be promptly removed.The page administrators reserve the right to remove any comment, at any time, for any reason. Individuals who violate the Rules of Engagement policy face becoming permanently banned from participation in Bastrop ISD social media accounts. The terms of usage may be updated at any time without prior notice. Comments are solely the opinions of the users who post them. The district takes no responsibility for misinformation included in user comments.